The past seven days

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

J.J. Abrams declines Star Wars: Episode VII

It was announced that J.J. Abrams declined the offer to direct Star Wars: Episode VII back in November, but now we know that he not only entertained the idea but was in early conversations with Kathleen Kennedy to direct. However, Abrams now revealed that he initially turned down the offer because of his loyalty to Star Trek.
“I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan, I wouldn’t even want to be involved in the next version of those things. I declined any involvement very early on. I’d rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them.”

I'm not really bummed that Abrams is out of the picture for Star Wars. I can't really pinpoint why, but the idea bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment