The past seven days

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

James Franco may not return for Apes sequel

I am one of the people who assumed James Franco would return for the Planet of the Apes sequel, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. However, with a recent MTV interview Franco revealed he might not return after all.

“I was going to be a small part of the next one. There was a moment when Rupert Wyatt was going to direct the second one. A lot of the human characters that were in the first movie were dead in the sequel that Rupert was going to direct. But there was one scene, between Caesar and my character, maybe even just like on a video that was left behind, but then a lot of things happened, like [former Fox co-chairman] Tom Rothman who was a big part of the first movie, left. Now Rupert’s not a part of it so I don’t know. My guess is I won’t be in it. Nobody’s talked to me since Rupert left.”

Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In) is attached to direct and it has been confirmed that Andy Serkis will return for more motion-capture to bring Caesar back to life, but no other names have been mentioned. Aside from Franco the only other person I can see realistically returning, as John Lithgow bit the dust, is Freida Pinto. There is still plenty of time for them to get Franco on board if they want and if he wants, though. The movie isn't set for release until May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment