The past seven days

Monday, December 24, 2012

[UPDATED] The Worst Films of 2012

Ahh, ladies and gentlemen.

It is that time of the year once again where we reflect on the best and worst films of the year. I will do a separate post on the best films of 2012, but I figured why not start off with the bad things that happen. When you do that things only go uphill. There is no particular order to these except for the first and I explain that. So let's get this party started!


Snow White and the Huntsman

I put this one at the very top of the list because I don't think it was absolutely terrible. Was it great? Nowhere close, but it wasn't completely awful. It had more low points than high points and had some serious miscasting as far as Snow White went, but it was salvaged enough with Charlize Theron and pretty bomb special effects to not be a total loss.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

All I really have to say is... it's finally over.

Bachelorette

Now, let me say that I did enjoy Bachelorette overall but that was initially. After some reflection I came to realize that the movie was, in general, a hot mess. They tried too hard to re-create magic started with Bridesmaids and it failed. Rebel Wilson was the best part of the whole movie and she was hardly in it.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Talk about disappointment. I went into this movie with such high expectations and I expected to love the hell out of it because I love the book. However, it was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The 3D was bad, the story was bad, and the adaptation was even worse. I think this was probably the biggest disappointment for me this year.

Bel Ami

I think Bel Ami was what people were counting on to show Robert Pattinson as a serious actor but it was yet another failure. The dialogue was weak, his character was weaker, and it was basically just a bunch of people having sex to gain position in society. Not interesting and no substance and I could have gone my whole life without seeing Pattinson naked.

Magic Mike

I am probably one of the only females on this planet that hated Magic Mike. It was just a terrible film. The script was as bad, if not worse, than a Twilight movie and it was relying on male strippers to bring females to the theater. That was it. Channing Tatum can't act and neither can Alex Pettyfer.

Mirror Mirror

By far the worst of the Snow White films we had this year. I feel like they tried to cater it more toward children and stumbled over a lot of rocks along the way. It wasn't funny, Julia Roberts tried too hard, and Armie Hammer just didn't strike me as a charming prince. It just didn't do it for me and I'm glad I didn't waste the money to see it in theaters.

The Woman in Black

Yet another example of franchise actors trying to prove they can do more than their character. Daniel Radcliffe will always be Harry Potter to me. He should stick to the stage because he has been quite successful there. Apart from that I found the movie predictable and boring. I even fast forwarded through a couple parts.

Chronicle 

Yet another disappointment for me. Chronicle was a disaster. There were terrible plot holes, it moved too quickly, the ending was predictable and abrupt, and how the kids even got their powers was never fully explained. It was just a bunch of stuff that happened and was caught on film.

The Devil Inside

Another one that I don't really have anything to say. I watched it and when it was over I wished that I hadn't.


Honorable (or dishonorable) mentions: Sparkle, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Chernobyl Diaries, Silent House, [REC] 3: Genesis, The Pact, Lovely Molly, Excision, and The Amazing Spider-Man.


Now keep in mind that these are just the movies that I personally saw this year. I heard about other movies that were apparently terrible and usually when I hear that much negative feedback I try to avoid them. Examples being Battleship, Lockout, Joyful Noise, etc..


Click HERE for the Best of 2012 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment