The past seven days

Friday, December 28, 2012

The most annoying parts of 2012

We reflected on the best and worst films of 2012, so how about we reflect on the most annoying parts of the year as well as the biggest shit storms.


Jessica Simpson's pregnancy

It's always a big deal when a celebrity gets pregnant. That's just how it is. However, the attention social media paid to Jessica Simpson was ridiculous. Yes, she ate too much and gained like 80lbs during her pregnancy. Yes, she gave her daughter a boy's name. Does anyone really care? No.
The saddest part is we're about to get it all over again because she's pregnant again. Weight Watchers must be pissed.

Nicki Minaj joins American Idol

I will admit that I have watched American Idol since 2006. My aunt made me watch the auditions that year and I got hooked. I was fine up until I realized that the votes weren't based on talent and until Simon Cowell left. After that I just got tired and I swore after Phillip Phillips won this year that I would never watch again. That statement became even more true after it was announced that Nicki Minaj was being brought on as a judge. I have never liked her and I find her extremely annoying.
It got even worse after shit broke out and she started fighting with Mariah Carey and it was all over the internet and the magazines and the television. I'm shocked they didn't fire her. As much as I would love to laugh at the fact that this season is undoubtedly going to be a hot mess I am sticking to my guns and still saying, fuck American Idol. I hope everyone enjoys yet another young, attractive male winner with sub-par talent.

The Presidential Election

Seeing that our election coverage is practically nonstop I was tired of this before it even happened. I just had to get that off my chest.

One Direction

I had no idea who the hell these kids were until I saw them on Nickelodeon one night. My first question was, " why are boy bands making a comeback? "  After that it seemed like they were everywhere. I saw them on the Olympics, they were all in the entertainment magazines, all over the internet, and the television. To add onto that their stupid song was playing everywhere. I hate it.
My mother always tries to pin on me the thought of if I was a 12-year old right now I would probably love One Direction and Justin Bieber too. My argument back... when I was 12 I was listening to Korn and Black Sabbath. I never got into the boy band craze the first time around when it was N*Sync and Backstreet Boys. I hated them, too.

Lindsay Lohan

Lohan is just a classic example of what fame does. She taught all of us that you can repeatedly break the law and manage to get away with it just because you're famous. If I did the things she has done I would have been in jail years ago and still would be there.

Honey Boo Boo

Let me start off by saying I do not watch Toddlers & Tiaras. I find it a blatant example of child abuse and is glossed over for publicity and pop culture. I had a friend show me a clip of Honey Boo Boo from her episode of the show and while I thought it was funny I also thought it was ridiculous. I also wondered how this child's mother, who looks like Jabba the Hutt, wasn't brought up on child abuse charges or investigated by Child Protective Services.
And then I hear TLC made a spin-off show called Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I watched like 2 episodes out of curiosity and I couldn't believe these people got a show. I use the term " hick " lightly but what a bunch of hicks. I didn't think people like that really existed. It showed us you can give your obese 6-year old energy drinks and feed them nothing but cheese puffs and get a television show. I hope these people look back at some point and are ashamed of themselves.

Kristen Stewart cheating scandal

I was probably one of the first people who discovered this cheating scandal. I was reading IMDb the night the news broke and I saw an article with the title " Kristen Stewart caught cheating on Robert Pattinson with Snow White director. "  Of course I just had to click on it because I thought it was fake. However, when pictures surfaced shit became very real. The Robstens and the Krisbians began shutting down their Twilight fantasy blogs, people flooded message boards slamming Stewart for hurting Pattinson, Universal initially dropped her from the Snow White sequel, Stewart and Rupert Sanders both issued apologies, and everyone involved kind of disappeared for a while.
The funniest part about this whole thing for me was how incredibly arrogant Kristen Stewart had to have been. It's like she was thinking, let me just cheat on my boyfriend of 3 years in broad daylight in public with a married man. She either wanted to be caught or she didn't give a fuck.

2012 Summer Olympics

I like watching the Olympics but something about this year's Olympics in London was annoying as hell. The opening ceremonies made absolutely no sense and the best part about the closing ceremonies was the Spice Girls reunion. I feel like a lot of the overexposure was due to the fact that Michael Phelps was still swimming. Everyone wanted to see him make Olympic history so they plastered the guy all over the place yet again. I got to a point where I felt like I would scream if I saw his face again. He wasn't even that good this year. He barely made the medals he won and he didn't even qualify for a medal in one of his races. Missy Franklin was more exciting to watch, imo.

Snooki has a baby

Look... it isn't shocking when partying whores get knocked up, guys. I always saw this as a matter of time with any of those trashy Jersey Shore chicks. I don't know why everyone in this country thought Snooki getting pregnant was such a big deal. I just know MTV was happy because now they have more material for another television show.

Gangnam Style

I fucking hate Gangnam Style. I am just waiting for this fad to die out. Psy is an anti-American wannabe rapper who got lucky because people are stupid enough to pick up a dumb dance and do it everywhere.




I'm sure there is more that could be talked about but I am annoyed already with what I have discussed. Feel like I missed something? Go ahead and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment