Yes, the famous Kodak Theatre in Hollywood finally has a new name and a new owner. The theater which hosts events such as The Academy Awards will now be known as the Dolby Theatre. Along with this name change the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have signed a 20-year contract with the realtors to stay in the theater putting. Looks like we are just trading picture for sound.
I saw the Kodak Theatre in 2005 when I was in Hollywood and it looks pretty different than it does when it's all dolled up for big events, but it is nice to see something staying put. New name or not.
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/academy-awards-have-new-home-same-address-dolby-theatre-38046
Movie news, movie reviews, and basically whatever else I want to talk about. Come on in and join the party.
The past seven days
-
After their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion across the districts of Panem, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark return to ...
-
I will admit I hadn't heard a thing about the new Summit Entertainment zombie film, Warm Bodies, until this morning. It is set to hit th...
-
Fifty Shades of Grey follows a young college student named Anastasia Steele as she enters an unknown world of sexual and emotional discover...
-
The wait is over as we now have official word that Charlie Hunnam has secured the role of Christian Grey, the adopted young billionaire in F...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment