The past seven days

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

UPDATE: Meta Golding cast in Catching Fire

Lionsgate released a statement revealing that Meta Golding (CSI, Criminal Minds) has been cast in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as Enobaria, a Capitol mentor and former winner from District 2.
I don't know much about Meta Golding and I don't honestly think I have ever seen her in anything before so I can't really comment on this one. I will say that I liked Enobaria in the books, though. 



SPOILER ALERT: I will describe a little bit about this character but it contains spoilers from Mockingjay, so if you haven't read the books and are just watching the movies I would refrain from reading after the jump.




Basic facts about Enobaria:

She is a native to District 2, the most loyal district to the Capitol.
She won the 62nd Hunger Games at age 17 by ripping an opponent's throat open with her teeth.
She is the only career tribute, other than Annie Cresta, who survived the rebellion.
She is the only career tribute to participate in multiple Hunger Games to survive the rebellion.
It is suspected that Finnick gained her alliance during the Quarter Quell resulting in her participation in the rebellion ("Let them have a taste of their own medicine.")
She was apprehended by the Capitol after the Quarter Quell and later joined the rebellion after being released.

No comments:

Post a Comment