The past seven days

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Star Wars will have 3D releases in 2013

It was announced at the Star Wars Celebration this weekend that due to the success of the 3D re-release of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace there will be yet another re-release in 2013... actually, make that two.

3D re-releases of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will be released back to back in the fall of 2013. Episode II will be released on September 20th and Episode III will be released on October 11th. This will most likely push the 3D re-releases of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi closer than 2015 as originally planned by Lucasfilm.

Now I am a huge Star Wars fan but I haven't been excited about the 3D re-releases. I chose not to see Episode I this past February because I hate Jar Jar Binks with a fiery passion. I think the only re-release I might catch will be Episode III because that is the best of the prequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment