The past seven days

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ABC orders S.H.I.E.L.D. television pilot from Marvel

The ABC television network which is owned and operated by Disney has ordered a television pilot from Marvel Comics, also owned by Disney, revolving around S.H.I.E.L.D. (aka, Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate). There is no information of how the show would tie into the movies, if at all, or what characters would be used but it has been ordered and will happen.

It is also said that The Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon has been tapped to co-write the pilot and possibly direct. Collaborating with Joss is his brother Jed Whedon and Jed's wife Maurissa Tancharoen. Joss Whedon is involved with The Avengers 2 along with several future Marvel projects for Phase 2, so I guess they figured why not add a television show to the platter.

I think this could be really cool, but I do also think there is such a thing as there being too much Marvel going on at one time. I also would like to see how they would get big name characters like Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America on an ABC television show when they have their own respective Marvel films. We will see how this one unravels. I am very intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment