The past seven days

Thursday, August 30, 2012

FX renews Anger Management for 90 episodes

One of the newest FX comedies Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen, Shawnee Smith, and Selma Blair has apparently been a pretty big hit. The network renewed the show for 90 more episodes the other day. FX Executive VP Chuck Saftler announced:

"We set a very high ratings bar that included some additional hurdles for Anger Management to earn its back-90 order and the series met and exceed those metrics. Bruce Helford has created a sitcom that works extremely well in our pre-10 p.m. programming lineup. Charlie Sheen and the entire cast did an amazing job in the first ten episodes, which were produced in a very tight window. I have no doubt that the producers and cast will be able to pull off the Herculean task of producing 90 episodes over the next two years.”

I watched Anger Management for about two weeks and haven't seen it again. It's not that I didn't like the show it's just that I suck when it comes to television. I almost always forget to watch shows. I am surprised I keep up with The Walking Dead and True Blood like I do. Probably because those air on Sundays when I hardly have anything else going on. If a show is during the week then I'm screwed. Half the time I forget to watch Archer because it airs on Thursdays at 11pm. BUT, with that said I will be catching up on Anger Management before the episodes disappear into oblivion before the next season. From what I saw it is pretty damn funny and I did like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment