The past seven days

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lionsgate planning to remake Twilight

Rumored as of right now but knowing Lionsgate this is most likely true. According to Bloody-Disgusting, which you can honestly take or leave, Lionsgate is planning to either continue the Twilight saga beyond Breaking Dawn or remake it altogether.

I want to reiterate... this is just a rumor as of right now. There is no confirmation on this and no discussion outside of websites like this and people. With that said, this conversation in itself doesn't surprise me at all. Lionsgate already has said that they hope to continue Twilight after Breaking Dawn Part 2 because it is such a huge money maker. I said it then and I am still saying it now, I hope Stephenie Meyer has a way to stop this from happening. I hope their is some kind of clause or whatever that gives her the ultimate decision of what to do with these characters. I cannot handle more of this Twilight shit. I have been looking forward to 2012 since New Moon came out because I knew it would finally be over.

However, if this is going to happen there is only one way I would accept it... if they made it into a TV show. TV shows are so easy to avoid but they have the incredible potential to be popular and make a very decent amount of money. Look at the fanbase for shows like True Blood, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, The Vampire Diaries, Big Bang Theory, etc.. TV Shows can have a huge impact and enough people know about Twilight so it wouldn't necessarily curse it to fading out completely and it would give fans consistency. They also would have more room to do things correctly in terms of the books and they would have more time to expand on certain things that the movies haven't allowed. Seeing that this franchise has become so popular and is worth so much money I can't think of a single network that would pass on the opportunity.


So yeah. This isn't a surprise and I do agree with Bloody-Disgusting in saying that this will happen but damn it... I don't want it to. I fucking hate Lionsgate.

 
[UPDATE] Apparently Summit Entertainment did some damage control with Deadline and claimed the rumors of the reboot are untrue.

"We are not remaking Twilight. We will happily support Stephenie Meyer if she decides to proceed in any way. But this will be the last one unless that should change."

I think this is just what I said above. This is damage control. I have no doubt they have plans set in motion so they can act quickly if Meyer does give approval or dishes out some new material. They would be stupid not to say this.

No comments:

Post a Comment