The past seven days

Monday, June 4, 2012

MTV Movie Awards 2012 winners list and thoughts on the show

This is only because I posted about the nominations and the new format...

Movie of the Year:
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

Best Male Performance:
Josh Hutcherson - The Hunger Games

Best Female Performance:
Jennifer Lawrence - The Hunger Games

Best Comedic Performance:
Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids

Breakthrough Performance:
Shailene Woodley - The Descendants

Best Cast:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2

Best On-Screen Transformation:
Elizabeth Banks - The Hunger Games

Best Fight:
Jennifer Lawrence & Josh Hutcherson vs. Alexander Ludwig - The Hunger Games

Best Kiss:
Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart - Breaking Dawn Part 1

Best Gut Wrenching Performance:
Bridesmaids

Best On-Screen Dirtbag:
Jennifer Aniston - Horrible Bosses

Best Music:
"Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO - 21 Jump Street

MTV Trailblazer Award:
Emma Stone

MTV Generation Award:
Johnny Depp



As a whole I thought the show sucked. I don't know why they keep inviting Russell Brand to host because he is incredibly unfunny and annoying. When the audience doesn't laugh at your jokes there is a problem. He had to tell them to applaud and laugh a couple times and his only way of getting audience feedback was to keep yelling "THE HUNGER GAMES! TWILIGHT!" I hope he never hosts again or I might cut myself with a large piece of glass and send the tape to MTV.
The guest list was fairly weak as well, I thought. Not to mention they went to commercial after every category. It was like 4-5 minutes of show time and then 5 minutes of commercial in a steady rotation. I found it ironic that they had Kristen Stewart present Best Female Performance seeing that is is like the first year in the past 4 that she hasn't been nominated for a Twilight movie. I don't know if it was rude or just an odd coincidence. I was happy Jennifer Lawrence got it, though. The archery bit with her, JJ Abrams, and Joel McHale was pretty funny as well.
I also just want to say that Johnny Depp playing with The Black Keys was epic. I didn't know what to think because I was too busy enjoying myself. That was a real treat and he definitely deserved the good time and the recognition. I love Johnny Depp.
Emma Stone winning some new award was confusing to me. I like Emma Stone a lot but what was the point of that award?
And of course... The Dark Knight Rises footage was amazing. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Christopher Nolan all appeared to present it and I loved every second of it. 

Overall it did suck, though. I can't believe I sat through the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment