The past seven days

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Universal moves forward with Snow White sequel

Seeing that Snow White and the Huntsman has passed $115 million internationally at the box office in less than two weeks I guess it is safe to say it was a hit. With that said, Universal has announced that it will be moving forward with a sequel to the film starring Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart, and Chris Hemsworth. I had read before but Deadline's article also mentions the fact that the actors' contracts included sequel options for up to two more movies so this move doesn't surprise me at all, especially with the way Snow White and the Huntsman ended. SPOILER ALERT: The Huntsman's kiss worked when William's didn't and Snow White seemed to know that somehow, so that alone left it open for expansion.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/snow-white-and-the-huntsman-sequel-universal/

Whenever this sequel comes out, which I am predicting sometime in late 2013 or early to mid 2014, I will most likely see it. I did enjoy Snow White and the Huntsman (my review is here in case you missed it) although I thought it could have been much better. Hopefully the sequel has a much better script and a villain just as badass as Charlize Theron.
It has also been said that a sequel would focus more on The Huntsman. Whether it would be from his point of view with Snow White as his main interest or if he would just be the main focus with Snow White and William as a background is unknown, but I don't really see any other route they could take with that. All I can really say is leave it to Hollywood to put Kristen Stewart in yet another franchise love triangle. Wasn't 4 years of Twilight enough for that poor girl and for the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment