The past seven days

Friday, June 15, 2012

Pixar interested in doing a Marvel movie?

Apparently so... if the opportunity presented itself.

John Lasseter, one of the founding members of Pixar, said in a recent junket while promoting the upcoming Disney/Pixar film Brave that if a filmmaker presented an idea related to the Marvel universe to Pixar that he would be open to it. With that said, he also emphasized that Pixar prides themselves on original filmmaking.

"Well, I can’t say anything about that because Marvel just got—[they’ve] been a couple years as part of the Disney company, we’ve been six years as part of the Disney company.  And at Pixar, we stay focused on making original films.  Even our sequels are kind of created internally and we come up with ideas [on our own].  I’m also leading the Walt Disney Animation Studio and all of that.  These studios are filmmaker driven studios, so if a filmmaker comes to me and says, ‘Hey, I wanna do this,’ then I would be really open to it."

I think this is kind of a cool idea because I love Pixar, but a lot of the main Marvel characters have been claimed already. Depending on the character I think it could be a cool idea to pair up Marvel and Pixar. It just has to have the right superhero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment