The past seven days

Friday, April 27, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman sequel in development

Universal is already developing a sequel to the upcoming film Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristen Stewart as Snow White and Charlize Theron as the evil Queen Ravenna.The film opens in the US on June 1st.

Personally... I feel like they should have waited to make this announcement until the movie is released. It shows both extreme confidence and arrogance on Universal's part. It's all well and good to think your film is going to do well and have a strong opening, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket when there is still more than a month until the first one is even released.
I guess they are also comfortable with the fact that their actors are willing to sign onto yet another possible franchise. Kristen Stewart has Twilight, Chris Hemsworth has the Marvel movies centered around Thor, and Sam Clafin is involved with Pirates of the Caribbean.  I don't mention Charlize Theron because I have a feeling she gets killed in Snow White and the Huntsman but I suppose you never know for sure.

With all that said, however, I am excited for this movie. The more TV spots and trailers I see the more excited I have gotten. I also think the Florence + The Machine song is great.


http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/27/universal-developing-a-sequel-to-snow-white-and-the-huntsman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment