The past seven days

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Cabin in the Woods - Review (non-spoiler)

If you have not seen The Cabin in the Woods all I have to say is, go see it! Do not let people spoil this movie for you. I repeat; DO NOT SPOIL THE MOVIE. Go see it for yourself.
If you want a basic non-spoiler plot, basically 5 friends go for a weekend retreat to an isolated cabin. When they get there they unleash something that is more than they could have ever imagined or guessed.

As cheesy as that sounds that is all I'm willing to give you for the moment. I want you to go see this movie whether you are a horror fan or not, but especially if you are a horror fan. It's a basic horror film, for the most part, up until the last half hour or so. Shit hits the fan and it hits it hard... and I loved every second of it. I still am processing what I saw.

Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins are great. Their characters are priceless. And the pothead friend. He is the best character in the whole movie. Not to mention the end credits plays "Last" by Nine Inch Nails. That made the end even more awesome.

This Friday the 13th has been great so far. I got good news at work, I got off work early, and I saw an amazing movie. I think you could make your 13th, or your whole weekend, better by seeing The Cabin in the Woods. It doesn't have a 93% standing on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.7/10 on IMDB for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment