The past seven days

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Musical adventures.

Along with the sountrack to Inception I also got TRON: Legacy and the The Social Network.

I was hopeful for TRON because 1) I love Daft Punk and 2) the music in the previews and clips sounded amazing. I wasn't terribly impressed, though. Almost all of the songs sounded the same and lacked a climax/resolution quality. It was good and I'm glad I have it now, but I expected more. Just a little disappointed I guess.
What was not disappointing was what Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross compiled for The Social Network. I hated the movie and previously just went on the free 5-track sampler and what I heard in the film. I had been meaning to get it but I never managed to get around to it. I am SO glad I did. As Trent said after winning the Oscar, it does resemble the Ghosts record a lot. I personally loved Ghosts and it did have that same kind of feel to it. Not as many tracks, obviously, but it was still very lovely. It was great to have new music from Trent again. I can't wait to see what he puts together for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

I also got the full score to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake ballet performed by the London Symphony Orchestra. It was another one I had been meaning to get since I can remember. I just never found a full composition that I liked the sound of. I have been listening to the score Clint Mansell put together for Black Swan and decided to just get the newest one I could find on iTunes and that happened to be by the LSO... and I love it. I listened through the first two acts last night and will probably finish it in a little while. The music to this ballet has always been one of my favorites. No doubt a minor contribution to how much I loved Black Swan, tbh.
I also got the suite from The Nutcracker performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. What can I say? I'm a sucker for Tchaikovsky.


Now to drift away into a world of beautiful sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment