The past seven days

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hugh Jackman still wants Wolverine in The Avengers

I am pretty sure I talked about this before, but it has come up once again.

Hugh Jackman has previously expressed his interest in joining the expanded Marvel Cinematic Universe by bringing his X-Men character to The Avengers. If I recall correctly, he was bashing the studios for their rights protection and said they could easily work out a deal so the characters could cross studio lines.
Well, Jackman is at is again. In recent interviews for X-Men: Days of Future Past he expressed his interest and desire in Wolverine joining The Avengers once again. He stated:
"I would love to see him as part of The Avengers because there’s a great dysfunction among that team, and I think Wolverine would fit right into that. He’d like that.”

Another thing he hopes for? A battle between Wolverine and the Hulk.
“There’s no doubt he’d get in a fight with Hulk at some point. Those two bad, rage-filled characters are going to square off at some point. It would be quite fun. I don’t know how much fun to shoot it would be, because I’m sure I’d be on the worst end of it, but hey, he can heal.”

Last time this happened it seemed that Jackman's suggestions fell on deaf ears, but if he keeps badgering the studios you never know what will happen. Hell, he has enough money that maybe he will offer to pay some of the royalties if he wants it this bad. 
Personally, I would love to see a full Marvel crossover film that would include The Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four but I am doubting that will ever happen. They have a hard enough time agreeing on anything. We can't even get a Spider-Man cameo for The Avengers.



So what about you guys? Do you want Wolverine to appear in The Avengers?



Source, IGN

No comments:

Post a Comment