The past seven days

Friday, May 16, 2014

Godzilla - Review

After an unexpected meltdown at a Japanese nuclear plant, scientists begin chasing after an unknown entity causing supersonic disturbances with nuclear power in Godzilla.


I will start by saying that I really enjoyed Godzilla for what it was and I liked it more than I was expecting to. However, I do have some minor gripes without going too far into everything.

1. There was a lack of Godzilla. When he did show up he was badass, but you go through about 75% of the film without ever seeing him.

2. Bryan Cranston was wasted.

3. Elizabeth Olsen was wasted.

4. Despite being as long as it was, it was fairly fast-paced. Stuff that should have been focused on wasn't.


Despite all that, I enjoyed it. There should have been a bit more Godzilla, but I assumed that was just to setup an inevitable sequel. The creature itself looked awesome.

This is a terrible review because I don't really have that much to say except take it for what it is and just have fun. That's what I did and I walked out a happy camper.


No comments:

Post a Comment