The past seven days

Monday, February 25, 2013

Trent Reznor announces the return of Nine Inch Nails

I am so excited for this I can't really describe how exciting this is. I am so ready for this.

Here's the word from the man himself:
"Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.
I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
TR"

Tour dates have yet to be announced, but we do know that the tour will start in the summer of 2013 and extend well into 2014. I am predicting a rather extensive overseas leg of this tour and/or multiple shows in certain cities. The lineup is a bit different but brings back some old faces like Alessandro Cortini who toured with NIN during With Teeth and Lights in the Sky and Ilan Rubin who replaced Josh Freese for Wave Goodbye. The newcomers are Eric Avery from Jane's Addiction, Adrian Belew of King Crimson, and Josh Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv.

In case you didn't know, Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band so I am just jumping at this. I read about this when I woke up this morning and I was so excited I couldn't bring myself to hop on here and share the news. I have calmed down, barely, but I wanted to share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment