The past seven days

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

[Random] My top 10 Nine Inch Nails music videos

Movie news has been pretty slow lately, so why not do some random fun stuff. After the announcement that Nine Inch Nails is returning this year I started listening full force again and watching the music videos. I saw a columnist on Bloody-Disgusting sharing his favorite NIN videos, so I thought I would do the same. It's always fun to see the comparisons.



10. Starfuckers, Inc.
I think my love for this video, and song in general, is based on principle. Trent released it to stiff it to the music industry, I think. The video is what it is, but I still love it. Enjoy some "Starsuckers."


09. Wish
This is a great song in general and the video is a good mixture of crazy. I remember seeing it for the first time when I was like 13 on the Closure VHS set. I prefer the live versions of "Wish" but this classic album version with the video is always good, too.


08. March of the Pigs
I put this at #8 simply because the video isn't anything special, but the song is. I would put the song a lot higher on the list, but the video is very simple.


07. Survivalism
This is a good one off Year Zero. I love the lyrics to the song and I think the video correlates perfectly with the theme of not only the song but of the album itself. I also love how they incorporated the music video into the Lights in the Sky tour.


06. The Perfect Drug
Great video and a great song. Simple as that. For some reason I can't find the original video on YouTube to link down below, but you can probably find it somewhere. It's definitely worth seeing. All that's on YouTube is remixes and RockBand clips.
[EDIT] I totally spaced the NIN Vimeo page. You can watch the official video here: http://vimeo.com/3612941

05. Down in It
This is another one that I remember from the Closure set and I always loved it. It might just be because I love the song (favorite off Pretty Hate Machine) but either way it is a good video. The story behind it is even better. You guys should Google that one.


04. Pinion
This is one that is short and sweet... and awesome as shit.


03. Help Me I Am In Hell
Another that is pretty short and sweet. It is just amazing, though.


02. Happiness in Slavery
This is a close run for first place, but it still can't beat my first choice. This video is just incredible and it is almost impossible to find on YouTube so I can't link it below. I have no doubt you can find it on Google somewhere so I would suggest finding it and checking it out. Amazing song and a great video companion.
[EDIT] I totally spaced the NIN Vimeo page. You can watch the full, very NSFW, video here: http://vimeo.com/3556108

01. Closer
Yeah, yeah it's a given, right? I don't give a fuck. This is a great music video and I have loved it ever since I was a wee teenager. It is unmatched and no one will ever beat it. Simple as that.






Enjoy =^D

No comments:

Post a Comment