The past seven days

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

James McAvoy may star in The Crow

Yet another new rumor circling around the unfortunate remake of The Crow.

Rumor as it James McAvoy (X-Men: First Class, Wanted) may play the title role of Eric Draven in the remake of The Crow. The story of The Crow, in case you don't know, is of Eric Draven after he is brutally murdered along with his fiance. He returns to life as an undead vigilante to avenge the death of both himself and his fiance. The original film was released in 1994, starred the late Brandon Lee, and was directed by Alex Proyas. Most people only know about The Crow due to the fact that Lee died during filming during an on-set weapons malfunction.
The remake is still set in motion by Relativity Media and has F. Javier Gutierrez attached to direct.


I personally love The Crow. It is one of my favorite movies and ever since I heard they were going to remake it I have been against it. I find it insulting to both the fans and to Brandon Lee. As far as casting McAvoy, I don't doubt he would do a great job but I just don't want any of this to happen. It's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment