The past seven days

Friday, February 3, 2012

Insidious 2 welcoming back James Wan and Leigh Whannell

It was speculated for a while but apparently it is now official, or as close to official as we can get, that both James Wan and Leigh Whannell are returning for a sequel to Insidious. Despite the news of Whannell writing a new script and Wan possibly directing once again neither of them will release any hints to the plot of the sequel. That begs the question, will we see Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson one more time or will it be something completely different?

Personally, I don't want a sequel to Insidious. I will admit that I love horror and haven't been scared by a movie since I was about 6 years old when I saw It on TV. If a sequel is made it can go one of two ways for me... The first being that everything the first movie did to me would be ruined by a shitty sequel. The second being it scares me just as much or more than the first one. I don't really like either of those options. I feel like the ending to Insidious was the best thing it had going. The way it ended was creepy as hell and although it did leave it open it was one of those things (for me) that you didn't want answered. I liked the mystery at the end.

Leave it to Hollywood to fuck everything up. I love Wan and Whannell to death but I really don't want them to do this.


http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/28186



I had dreams with this image for weeks after seeing that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment