The past seven days

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Breaking Dawn 2 trailer to premiere before The Hunger Games

I know this is a little late but my computer is still acting up. For some reason I can't open any website affiliated with Google. With that said, here are a couple things...


I read the other day that the first trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 will premiere before The Hunger Games on March 23rd. Whether it is just a short teaser or a full trailer was not specified. All we know is that it will be put on every print made of The Hunger Games. None of that screening only with certain theater chains or anything like that. If you see The Hunger Games on opening weekend, which I plan to, you will see the trailer.
All I really have to say about this is that this is coming really early for me. I don't remember exactly when we got the first trailer for BD Part 1 but I feel like it wasn't in March. The only reason this is happening is because The Hunger Games is a Lionsgate release and Lionsgate just bought Summit Entertainment, the holder of all the previous Twilight films. Lionsgate is trying to capitalize on the Twilight fanbase knowing that the trailer premiere will bring Twihards that probably wouldn't have gone to see The Hunger Games to begin with. I feel like there really isn't another big Lionsgate release in 2012 so in a way I'm not surprised. Ticket sales are ticket sales.
Personally, I was hoping for a second trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman before The Hunger Games. I figured the first trailer for BD Part 2 would be before Snow White in June. Oh well.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/02/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-2-trailer-to-debut-on-the-hunger-games.html

No comments:

Post a Comment