The past seven days

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Recap of my absence

I have resorted to using my old, and very slow, laptop to post on here. I haven't had a chance to get back to Micro Center to fix my newer computer so I still can't connect to Google for whatever reason. Very annoying but whatever. I use my mom's computer when I get the chance but I will use this one and deal with Windows Vista once again. Sick.

Anyways...
We got a poster for Pirahna 3DD (retarded looking).

Robert Pattinson admitted he didn't want to continue with Twilight if Lionsgate chooses to do so because he feels too old.

Bill Condon apparently wants to re-edit Breaking Dawn Parts 1 & 2 into one movie and include more adult scenes for a Director's Cut DVD release.

Cosmopolis and On the Road are rumored to be screened at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. Cosmopolis stars Robert Pattinson while On the Road stars Kristen Stewart... kind of excited for On the Road. I love that book.

People found out Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance sucked. (duh)

Mark Millar confirmed that Kick-Ass 2 starts filming this summer. No word on any returning cast members, or if director Matthew Vaughn will return, but I guess we'll wait and see. I remember seeing an interview with Chloe Moretz during the Hugo press tour and when asked about a second Kick-Ass she got kind of giddy and said we had to be patient. (http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/mark-millar-confirms-kick-ass-2-will-be-shot-this/260502)

Comcast (aka, Xfinity) wants to launch a service called Streampix. Most are saying already that it would be Netflix's kiss of death. I have no problem believing that. I have Comcast and I must say that the On Demand service is better than Netflix about 80% of the time. At least when it comes to movies. Streampix is also only going to be an additional $4.99 a month for streaming whereas Netflix still sits at $7.99 for streaming. Not to mention the additional $7.99 to add DVD rentals on top of streaming.

Natalie Portman joined two upcoming projects by Terrence Malick which will also star Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett. The projects are titled Knight of Cups and Lawless. After seeing The Tree of Life I am not too excited for more Malick, but I love me some Natalie Portman so I'll pay attention to these. Not to mention this confirms she is returning to work after having her baby. She teased people saying she was going to quit acting so in a way I guess this is good news. Portman is also returning soon to film Thor 2, so hooray.

We also got trailers for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and The Devil's Carnival.



That's all I can think of for now. If I find more stuff today I'll make another post. Sorry again for the absence. I'll try and tolerate this slow computer so I can keep up.

And props to PrettyMuchIt for retweeting my post on Twitter about Take Shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment