The past seven days

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kristen Stewart cheats on Robert Pattinson with director

I rarely follow celebrity gossip but I found this one too good. I laughed for a solid minute when I read about this last night.

This news broke last night, but it has since been confirmed and apologized for already. Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on Robert Pattinson in the back of her car by paparazzi with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders. Sanders is married to Liberty Ross (who played Snow White's mother in the film) with whom he has two fairly young children. He is also close to 20 years older than Stewart. Both parties released statements apologizing for the incident:
"I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."
"I am utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family. My beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world. I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together."

Now... the only reason I chose to write about this is because I was quite invested in the announced sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman. In light of recent events I am curious, and doubtful, on how or if the sequel will even happen. If it does happen I think Sanders just blew his chance at returning to the director's chair. Either that or Stewart will walk away from the project unless she has already signed a contract. I think however this unravels is going to be quite interesting. If Universal decides to can Sanders I think the sequel could be quite different both visually and tone-wise from the first. That could either be good or bad. It is also possible that Universal could now can the entire project seeing that Kristen Stewart fans have seemed to revolt against her via online outlets, Twitter, etc.. I have read some of the funniest things from her fans. People are acting like she killed their dog and shit on the corpse. From what I understand Twilight fans feel the most betrayed because their real life Edward and Bella fantasies have now taken a turn for the worst.

I haven't necessarily lost any respect for Kristen Stewart seeing that I didn't have much to begin with. I have previously admitted to liking a majority of her work outside of the Twilight saga, but that doesn't mean I am one of those Krisbians or Robstens or whatever they are called. She isn't Bella Swan, ffs. She is a human being and the truth is human beings make stupid, dumbass decisions. One of those decisions was screwing around with a married man out in the open where paparazzi can take pictures of it and sell them to US Weekly. It unfortunately isn't uncommon among young people to cheat on boyfriends/girlfriends. From what I understand after having fun reading the gossip trash mag websites she cheated on Michael Angarano with Robert Pattinson so I guess this isn't unfamiliar territory for her. I do think she will be fine career wise, though. Cali is moving forward and just cast Alex Pettyfer as her character's boyfriend and she is still the highest paid actress in Hollywood. All I can tell you right now is the press tour for Breaking Dawn Part 2 is going to be hilarious. Whether she and Pattinson stay together or not I can guarantee the first questions any member of the media is going to ask during a junket is "how is it being around each other? Are you guys friends?" I think I will actually follow the press tour just for shits and giggles.

As for Rupert Sanders, he probably just ruined his marriage and his career. The unfortunate part for him is his career barely got started. Snow White and the Huntsman was his first feature film and for all we know it could be the last. It all depends on what he decides to do and what Universal decides to do with him.

Bottom line is this is hilarious. Her statement alone just goes to show the mind of people my age. If you love someone that much then why even put yourself in the situation to begin with? Fucking hell. People are so dumb.


Lesson learned: Hollywood is no different than any other workplace. Don't fuck your co-workers.

2 comments:

  1. It is good. I mean, I always loved Kristen and now I can't even look at her, the scandal she's made. I mean, come on, she's a total slut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked what she did in Speak, Adventureland, Welcome to the Rileys (her best performance imo), and The Runaways. I actually enjoyed her small role in Into the Wild as well. She definitely did this to herself, though. I don't know if she was doing it on purpose or is just that dumb. She knows paparazzi follow her everywhere and do do something like this out in the open in broad daylight leaves one of the two options. She either wanted a way out of her relationship or she is just plain stupid.

      Delete