The past seven days

Friday, July 20, 2012

Gunman kills 12 and shoots 70+ at Colorado movie theater

This is one of my two local movie theaters and I am happy to say I was not at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises that was massacred by a gunman, James Holmes. The gunman opened fire in Theater 9 of a Cinemark theater in Colorado killing 12 people, including a 6-year old, and wounding over 70 with a semi-automatic assault rifle, a shotgun, and a handgun. He also used gas canisters and supposedly used flash-bang grenades.
The story is, as of right now, that Holmes entered the theater as a normal viewer, exited out of the emergency exit, propped the door open, and returned approximately 20-30 minutes later dressed in military tactical gear (aka, riot gear) setting off gas canisters and grenades and opening fire on the rest of the people in the theater. When he was apprehended by police outside the back entrance of the theater he apparently referred to himself as The Joker and his apartment is booby trapped with IEDs (aka, improvised explosive devices).

I am shocked and upset. I could have, and would have, been there if I didn't work early today. If I would have had an afternoon shift today I would have been there for the marathon including the midnight showing. I am shaken as hell. I am happy they caught the asshole. I hope he's happy with himself for killing 12 people including a child. I can't believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment