The past seven days

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sacha Baron Cohen banned from the Oscars

Honestly, I am laughing so hard at this.

Basically Cohen was banned from attending the Oscars disguised as his new character, General Alladeen, from his upcoming film The Dictator. The Academy withdrew Cohen's tickets to the event as a precautionary measure. Now Cohen is bitching up a storm claiming The Academy took away his free speech and issued a threat saying they would face severe consequences if his tickets weren't reinstated by noon on Sunday.
I have seen Cohen's antics in public with his previous characters, Borat and Bruno, and I can't say that I blame those running the Oscars one bit. I probably would have done the same thing. If he wants to attend the event it will not be as a character which serves no purpose other than to promote his upcoming film. A film that will, no doubt, be vulgar and inappropriate for young viewers. Let's face it... kids do still watch the Oscars. I hope they stick to their guns with this one and tell Cohen to shove it up his ass.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/sacha-baron-cohen-as-the-dictator-comments-on-oscars-ban/

No comments:

Post a Comment