The past seven days

Friday, August 1, 2014

Lorde to curate the Mockingjay - Part 1 soundtrack

Apparently Lionsgate has settled with the teenage Grammy-winner, Lorde, to helm the soundtrack for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. She has also written the first single for the film and had appeared on the soundtrack for Catching Fire.
The New Zealand teen posted this statement via Tumblr:
"To be at the helm of a project like this is easily the most responsibility I’ve ever had, and to me, that says something kind of amazing about the way the world is changing - a globally successful film franchise is allowing a teenager to run their shit. we are opening doors, we are moving walls. this makes me so insanely happy."


I personally don't like her and I have heard "Royals" way too many times, but I can understand why she was chosen. As curator of the album she will be hand picking the artists featured and will also pick the songs. Lorde's close friend Taylor Swift appeared on the soundtrack for The Hunger Games where she won a Grammy for "Safe and Sound" alongside The Civil Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment