The past seven days

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Escape From Tomorrow - Review

During his family's visit to Disney World, Jim begins experiencing hallucinations and odd coincidences that test his sanity after a chance encounter with French teenagers in Escape From Tomorrow.


I'm the first to admit that I only watched this movie mainly because of the controversy it stirred up. When I heard about a guerilla movie filmed inside the Disney Parks I was intrigued to see exactly what it was about. However, I will admit that I don't really understand what the hell happened in this movie.
Regarding the main character of Jim, I don't really understand what the significance of his "madness" was exactly. Was he really hated by his wife because he had wandering eyes? Was he insane and/or had blackouts and came to during weird events? How did his daughter not tell the mother what was happening but the son was verbal about the weird things? While on the subject of the son, what was that kid's problem? Was he a robot or something?

There are just too many questions with this movie. I wouldn't go far enough to say I didn't enjoy it, but nothing really came together. It was just a bunch of weird events shoved into one movie and they tried to tie them all together with one central character. It didn't quite work.
I will say that for an undercover film it was pretty well shot. I have been to Disneyland many times and the camera policy isn't really there. I've seen guests walk around with GoPro cams on hand-held tripods and stuff like that, so I'm a bit surprised that this was such a big deal. Go on YouTube and you'll find hundreds of videos shot inside Disney Parks. I appreciated the use of black and white, too.


I don't know. Anyone else watch Escape From Tomorrow? What was your take on it?





No comments:

Post a Comment