Along with the publicized panels for Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel decided to surprise Comic-Con guests with a panel and footage from Guardians of the Galaxy.
Kevin Feige brought out director James Gunn who was joined by Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Benicio del Toro, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Lee Pace, and Djimon Hounsou.
What we learned from the panel:
1. Chris Pratt used a tapeworm to get in shape for the role of Star-Lord (gross).
2. James Gunn approached his first superhero movie like his other films by planning everything ahead of time.
3. Benicio del Toro has not begun filming yet and met the cast for the first time prior to the panel.
4. Filming has only taken place for 10-13 days.
5. The footage suggests the film will be funny with a lot of James Gunn's style.
We also got some new concept art.
That's about it. I'm sure you'll be able to find some YouTube uploads of the test footage before too long. I guess this was Marvel's way of showing us the expansion of the Cinematic Universe.
[UPDATE] Here is a picture of the panel
#SDCC #Marvel #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy
The past seven days
Looks like Tony Stark got more than he bargained for this time around.
Well these are just fantastic. I am getting very excited for Catching Fire . #CatchingFire #TheHungerGam...
Entertainment Weekly's upcoming issue has the first look of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire . It includes an interview with Jennifer Law...
The screeening list has been set for the 2013 South by Southwest Film Festival and Conference (aka, SXSW) in Austin, TX. Several world premi...