The past seven days

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Andrew Garfield might not be Spider-Man much longer

Sony has already announced their intentions to run their terrible Amazing Spider-Man movies into the ground with at least four movies total. However, we have some speculation regarding the casting of the most important character. Andrew Garfield, who has been contracted through a third Amazing Spider-Man, recently discussed the future of the franchise and made his uncertainty about playing Spider-Man for four movies.

Release years have already been announced for the third and fourth. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will hit in 2016 with The Amazing Spider-Man 4 hitting in 2018. During an interview with Yahoo! Movies, Garfield had this to say:
"I mean I’m under contract for another one after this… as far as a forth one? That’s not anything to do with me."

This could mean a couple things. First off, by the time 2018 rolls around Garfield will be 35. That's a bit old for a teenage hero if you ask me. Tobey Maguire wasn't even that old when Spider-Man 3 came out in 2007. Second off, I imagine Garfield doesn't want to just be known for playing Spider-Man. Granted he got pretty famous for The Social Network, but what has he done since? Well, other than play Spider-Man. The answer is nothing notable. This doesn't surprise me one bit. I wouldn't even stick around through the third one, but that's just me. I don't even think Garfield is a good Spider-Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment