The past seven days

Friday, November 15, 2013

Terrence Howard points blame for Iron Man firing

Terrence Howard can't seem to know when to stop bitching about getting removed from the Marvel Cinematic Universe after one film. Howard played Colonel Rhodes (aka, Iron Patriot) in Iron Man and was replaced with Don Cheadle for Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. In addition to claiming Marvel tried to ruin his career, it appears that Howard finally has someone to blame for his removal and that person is Robert Downey Jr..

Howard is claiming that he was the one who recommended Downey in the first place for the role of Tony Stark. In addition to requesting a failed salary increase for Iron Man 2, he claims that Downey took the pay increase he was entitled to and left him behind. On Bravo's What Happens Live he had this to say about the situation (five years later, mind you):
"It turns out that the person that I helped become Iron Man, when it was time to re-up for the second one, took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out. We did a three-picture deal. That means you did the deal ahead of time—a certain amount for the first one, a certain amount for the second, a certain amount for the third. They came to me with the second and said 'look, we will pay you one-eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend, that I helped get the first job, and he didn't call me back for three months."

These claims aren't new in case you weren't aware. Shortly after the release of Iron Man 2 in 2010, Howard was quite vocal about recommending Downey to Marvel in the first place:
"For me to have recommended him, it means all the more so that I helped someone get to where they are supposed to go. Marvel and I are now talking about doing some other things. And Don Cheadle wanted to play that part before I wanted to play it, so everything is very well."


We get it, Terrence. You aren't happy about starring in The Best Man Holiday. No need to keep beating a dead horse after two sequels have already been made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment