The past seven days

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I feel like I should just something.

Seeing that I live in Denver I feel like I should comment on the Broncos' loss to New England tonight.

All I really have to say is that I lol'd hardcore throughout the second half that I watched. I don't understand the hype around Tim Tebow and I don't think I ever will. I give the kid props for not being ashamed to publicly announce what he believes and to be who he is despite the personal criticism. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I respect the hell out of that.
But we need to face the facts... he is not a good quarterback. He's more lucky than skilled and luck obviously can only take you so far. Denver drafted him because of the college hype around him and because he was featured on the cover of a college football video game. Seeing his performance tonight and comparing it to what he has done with Denver since he was drafted he shouldn't even be a quarterback. You can't win games on running plays alone. The guy looks like he's lost when he's on the field and has nowhere to run or no one to hand the ball off to. He just runs backwards, gets sacked, and as a result he loses yards. That is how you lose football games and he just lost because he did just that. It's not enough to say when he's good he's great and when he's not it's a disaster.
People were blaming the potential NFL lockout for his lack of preparation and I call bullshit. There were plenty of players that took initiative over the off season to practice and drill on their own knowing they might not play. Tebow wrote a book and did a press tour instead of practicing football.

It is as simple as that. It was fun while it lasted, Broncos.

No comments:

Post a Comment