The past seven days

Friday, September 14, 2012

Finding Nemo 3D - Review

I am a pretty big Disney fan in general, but I absolutely love Disney/Pixar flicks. I decided to go see Finding Nemo 3D seeing that I already saw Beauty and the Beast 3D earlier this year. I am not necessarily reviewing the movie itself because Finding Nemo is awesome and has been for years, but I wanted to touch on the Toy Story short, Partysaurus Rex, before the movie and the 3D itself.

Starting with Partysaurus Rex, I thought it was a really fun short. The basic premise of it is the rest of the toy gang in their new home is picking on Rex for being a party pooper. Their new child decides to introduce Rex into her bath time play and he meet the bath toys. They describe how the party is always on when the water is running but when the water drains the party dies. Rex is the only one with arms so he turns the water back on and carries on a party with his new bath friends.
One thing I have always loved about Toy Story is how they submerge you into the fantasy the child is enacting with the toys. That shined primarily in Toy Story 3 with the intro. In this short they put you right in her bath time fun and show you what she is enacting in her own mind. I loved it.

As far as the 3D goes for Finding Nemo I was honestly a bit disappointed with it. I thought the post-conversion wasn't that impressive and the colors were darker than they should have been. I mean, Beauty and the Beast 3D was better and that is a little sad because usually the Pixar type animation looks a lot better in 3D than traditional 2D animation. I love that I finally saw this movie in a theater because I didn't see it during its original theatrical one, but it didn't need to be in 3D. It wasn't that good on the eyes.


Looking forward to more Disney/Pixar 3D re-releases we will have Monsters Inc. in December so that will be a decision. I love Monsters Inc. but I don't think I will see the re-release. I saw it in theaters back in 2001 so I don't need to do it again. Especially when I have the feeling the 3D will be just as lousy as Finding Nemo.

1 comment:

  1. I am not necessarily reviewing the movie itself because Finding Nemo is awesome and has been for years, but I wanted to touch on the Toy Story short, Partysaurus Rex, before the movie and the 3D itself.Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete