The past seven days

Friday, December 30, 2011

Best David Fincher films?

Everyone is going on about David Fincher lately because of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I would say most people know him specifically for Fight Club, Se7en, and The Social Network. It got me thinking... what are my favorite Fincher films?

Panic Room (2002)
I remember not liking it much when it first came out. I was only like 12 or 13 when Panic Room came out so I didn't really know anything. I re-watched it a couple times since then and I really like it. The story itself is quite interesting and Fincher brought it to life in a way that is even more interesting. The way it was filmed, the way the characters molded together, etc.. It isn't the best but it isn't one to completely pass over.

Se7en (1995)
I love this movie. I own it and have seen it I don't know how many times. There really isn't anything to say about Se7en other than it was fantastic. The cinematography, the music, the acting, the editing, etc.. Love it. Love it, love it, love it.

Zodiac (2007)
This one was underrated, imo. Similar to Panic Room it wasn't the best but it didn't deserve to be as glossed over as it was. It gave another example of what Jake Gyllenhaal can do when he is in front of a camera (the other example being Donnie Darko). It also put an interesting insight on the subject of the Zodiac killer.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
Best movie of 2011. Fincher captured every important aspect of the book with precision and the way he brought it to the screen was incredible. I was blown away. By far the best film he has ever done.

The Game deserves an honorable mention as well.


As for his most hyped...
I have seen The Social Network and I hated it. The editing was weird, the coloring was awkward, and the story itself was too soon. Making a movie about a social networking site that is not only constantly changing but that isn't even that old was a bold movie. A very bold move. I didn't like it but I know others did, obviously, so I take that one with a grain of salt.

I have never seen Fight Club, nor have I seen all of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Don't hurt me. I will see them eventually. I just have never had much motivation. I got annoyed with the hype of both films and it made me not want to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment