The past seven days

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Curse of Chucky and The Purge join Halloween Horror Nights

Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights just keeps getting bigger and bigger. In addition to mazes for Evil Dead, The Walking Dead, Insidious: Chapter 2, The Cabin in the Woods, and Black Sabbath 13, we now have word that mazes and "scare zones" for Curse of Chucky and The Purge are joining in.

Chucky has made several appearances at Halloween Horror Nights and this year they are utilizing the stage to promote the new Child's Play film, Curse of Chucky, which is out on DVD/Blu-Ray on October 8th.
The Purge is a bit of a surprise for me as the reviews on it wavered a lot. However, it did do pretty well at the box office so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. The Purge: Survive the Night will push guests into the world where all crime is legal for 12-hours.

Ironically, both Curse of Chucky and The Purge come out on DVD/Blu-Ray on October 8th, so this very well could just be a good marketing tool. I still haven't seen The Purge but I didn't think it necessarily looked like a horror movie so the inclusion confuses me a bit.
So far there isn't anything posted on the HHN websites specifying which park these will appear at. So far the only park specific mazes are Insidious: Into the Further (Hollywood only) and The Cabin in the Woods (Orlando only).  I would assume at least one of these will be park specific and my bet is on The Purge: Survive the Night. I have no doubt the Chucky maze will be at both parks.

[UPDATE] - Apparently Curse of Chucky and The Purge: Survive the Night will only be at Universal Studios Hollywood. This comes with the announcement of Orlando's An American Werewolf in London scare zone. 





#UniversalHHN

No comments:

Post a Comment