The past seven days

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Walking Dead - Season 3 Finale Review

I don't really want to get too into this (and this does contain spoilers), but I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the finale last night. "Welcome to the Tombs" wasn't necessarily a bad episode by itself and I want to emphasize that. However, I don't feel like it was finale material. It was the worst finale yet for me. Even the past mid-season finales were better.

As far as the deaths went, I was happy that no one in the prison group bit the dust in the battle... oh wait. WHAT BATTLE?
The Walking Dead gave us the Breaking Dawn treatment last night. They led us into this huge battle setup and nothing happened. Rick's group set some boobie traps for The Governor and when they ran scared The Governor just kind of disappeared for the rest of the episode. Rick went back to Woodbury and took in some fairly elderly refugees, pissed off Carl in the process, and then called it a day. To say the finale was a disappointment still doesn't do it justice.
As far as character deaths go, the only relevant deaths were Milton and Andrea. The Governor went crazy and killed his entire army but we didn't really know those characters so it didn't have much impact. I also want to take this opportunity to say that I cheered when Andrea died. I have been waiting for this moment ever since the end of Season 1. I was a bit sad about Milton, but I expected him to die anyway. The Governor had a huge target on his back.

It basically just set us up for Rick taking over Woodbury at the prison next season and trying to restart humanity. The Governor and his two henchmen disappeared so I assume they will come back in some capacity next season and mess with the prison group once again, but you never know with this show. I just expected more of a battle that they teased us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment