The past seven days

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Disney buys Lucasfilm: Star Wars Episode VII in the works for 2015

I am in shock. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. There is officially no happiness left.

Bob Iger... go fuck yourself. You too, George Lucas.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion; Star Wars Episode VII will kick off new trilogy in 2015

George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy have met with writers for Episode VII

Bob Iger and George Lucas talk the acquisition of Lucasfilm.


EDIT: So I have had some time to calm down a little bit since first discovering this. If you didn't know already, I am a huge Star Wars fan. I have collectibles, I know all 6 movies like the back of my hand, I quote them, I have tattoos, etc.. I just love the hell out of Star Wars.
However, this is not good news for me. I love Disney, don't get me wrong, but Disney has become nothing but a cash cow. They do nothing but seek things that people love so they can squeeze every possible cent out of it. Take Marvel as an example. People have loved Marvel comics and characters for decades. The minute Disney gets their hands on it there is double the merchandise, double the Halloween costumes, they are putting Iron Man into Disneyland, and the list just goes on and on. Marvel is nothing but a coin bank for Bob Iger and it's to the point of disgusting at this point. It really is. Disney now owns and operates Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and some aspects of Apple. I swear by the time 2025 rolls around Disney will own the entire movie industry and/or DC Comics as well as Marvel. The biggest thing for them would be to also acquire characters like Batman and Superman.

Disney already had George Lucas to a point because of the Star Tours ride in Disneyland and Disneyworld. It was a great ride and I always loved it a lot. However, they completely ruined it by refurbishing it into this bullshit "Star Tours: The Adventures Continue" ride. It is in 3D, there are only 3 possible destinations despite them saying the possibilities are endless (it's a flat out lie), they jump from episode to episode to the point where it makes no sense, and they completely made it all about the damn prequels. When I rode the new version for the first time in March I knew it was all over when I saw Jar Jar Binks on the screen. I tried to unbuckle and exit the ride while it was in full swing. I just wanted nothing to do with it.
The point is after seeing what Disney did with Star Tours I have no confidence that they will do good things with the story and/or the characters. They will create stupid situations, stupid characters, and this new trilogy will be a piece of shit catered only to kids younger than the age of 12 because they don't know any better. They grew up with the crappy Clone Wars television show and the prequels being all they know. I feel sorry for any true Star Wars fan who is happy about this. I hope that I am wrong and will be surprised, but I'm not counting on it. I am so angry I could spit.

No comments:

Post a Comment