The past seven days

Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar went to...

Looks like the only predicitons I missed were Supporting Actress and Director. Not bad!

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am that Natalie Portman took home Best Actress. I have been rooting for her since I first saw Black Swan in December predicting that she would sweep the awards ceremonies and that is exactly what she did. I'm not just happy that I was right. I am happy that she finally received the recognition and awards she should have gotten for previous movies, specifically including V for Vendetta and Garden State. Well done, Natalie. For Hollywood's sake, please don't disappear after your baby is born.

Colin Firth is a class act. I have always been a fan of his and was very happy to see him win. On the subject of The King's Speech, I am ecstatic that it won Best Picture and Best Director. I will admit I haven't seen the film yet and this is fueled purely by the hatred I have for The Social Network. I was pushing Black Swan and/or Inception but I am alright with them losing as long as it wasn't to The Social Network. And it wasn't :-)

I thought the show was an overall success, though. James Franco and Anne Hathaway were actually pretty decent hosts. The opening montage was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment