The past seven days

Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

So the Academy Awards are tonight, hooray, and I have made some predictions of my own. I'm curious to see how they will turn out.

Here is what I am realistically predicting, at least for the major categories:

Best Actress:  Natalie Portman - Black Swan
Best Actor:  Colin Firth - The King's Speech
Best Picture:  The Social Network or The King's Speech
Best Director:  David Fincher - The Social Network
Best Animated Feature:  Toy Story 3
Best Supporting Actor:  Christian Bale - The Fighter
Best Supporting Actress:  Hailee Steinfeld - True Grit
Best Original Score:  Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Social Network


That's how it most likely will go down in the major categories, I think. However, that doesn't mean that's how I would like it to go down. I wish Black Swan and/or Inception had more of a realistic chance at Best Picture. The Social Network was an unbelievably overrated movie and I don't think it deserved the Golden Globe and I really hope it gets beat out for Best Picture at this show. I wish Darren Aronofsky could walk away with Best Director, but it will honestly go to Fincher. If he winds up losing it will be to Tom Hooper or the Coen brothers. It won't be to Aronofsky, although it should. I also am still irked at the incredible snub they gave Christopher Nolan. He should have been nominated over David O'Russell by a long shot, but life goes on. Hopefully he will grab a spot in the top 5 for Dark Knight Rises because I have no doubt that will be a great film.

Anyway, we'll see how things turn out. Back to watching the Countdown to the Oscars crap on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment