The past seven days

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Most Anticipated Films of 2015

We've examined the best and worst of 2014 so now it's time to look forward and talk about what we are most looking forward to in 2015. Shouldn't need clarification but if it does, this is an opinion list so if you are anticipating something that isn't on here feel free to comment and talk about it! Are you not excited about what is on this list? Leave a comment and talk about it.

These are listed in the order of release, as it currently stands, and does not include rumored 2015 releases. If it doesn't have an official date it won't be included. Let's get started!


Selma (January 9th)

Seriously, who doesn't love a movie about Martin Luther King, Jr.? Aside from that it does look really good. I don't know if I will see in theaters, but I do plan on seeing it at some point next year.


Still Alice (January 16th)

Again, I am not sure if I will see this in theaters but it does look good. It's also gaining a lot of awards buzz already.


Fifty Shades of Grey (February 13th)

I am not putting this on the list because I think it will be good, but I am curious to see it. That and part of me is curious to see how it will do at the box office. If it's a smash I'm sure we will be Fifty Shades Darker and/or Fifty Shades Freed in the next couple of years.


Fast and Furious 7 (April 3rd)

Who doesn't want to see this? Come on.


Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st)

No explanation is needed.


Mad Max: Fury Road (May 15th)

This one looks more than enjoyable.


Tomorrowland (May 22nd)

I think the concept alone is worth giving this one a try. The teaser looked cool, too.


Insidious: Chapter 3 (June 5th)

I'm more than curious to see where they are going to go with this one. I also am rooting for Leigh Whannell.


Jurassic World (June 12th)

Terrible trailer aside, seeing this one is a given.


Inside Out (June 19th)

Been a long time, Pixar. 


Ant-Man (July 17th)

I'm not happy with this project at all because I don't see the relevance to the rest of the MCU at this point and the whole thing with Edgar Wright was bullshit, but I'm curious. Here's to hoping it will at least serve as relevant to Captain America: Civil War or to the Infinity War films. That's the only hope they have because I don't see Ant-Man turning into a standout character in the MCU.


Goosebumps (August 7th)

My childhood is calling me. I'll see this one, for sure.


Sinister 2 (August 21st)

If it's as good as Sinister was I will be satisfied.


Peanuts (November 6th)

Who doesn't want to see Charlie Brown again? Good grief.


Spectre (November 6th)

My body is ready for more 007. That's all there is to it.


The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (November 20th)

They left off at a good spot, so I think they could do great things with this last installment. I just hope they include the epilogue and don't destroy the last half of the book.


Star Wars: The Force Awakens (December 18th)

Duh.



Out of all the releases we are getting next year I did manage to narrow the list down to less than 20 movies. I'm not guaranteeing that I will see all of these in theaters because I didn't make it to the theater a lot this year, but I do plan on seeing all of these at some point. I'm sure I will see more but these are on the top of my list.

Happy New Year, everyone. Bring on 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment