The past seven days

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wreck-It Ralph sequel in the works

Smack dab in the middle of Frozen madness, word has escaped that Disney is currently developing a sequel to their 2012 animated film Wreck-It Ralph.

Composer Henry Jackman let it slip during an interview for Captain America: The Winter Soldier by stating Disney is indeed working on it, but was quick to zip his lips after that.
“I can’t tell you more, not because I’m being coy, but I believe that it is officially on the cards. I don’t know any more other than a story is indeed being written. I’d be very surprised not to. I’m not blowing my own trumpet. Forget about the music. Just the movie itself I thought was a fantastically imaginative and creative piece of work.”

John C. Reilly brought this great character to life as he stormed through the video game world inside an arcade in an attempt to "game jump" and switch from being a bad guy to becoming a hero. The film grossed $281 million at the worldwide box office and was an overall success for Disney. It also featured the voices of Jack McBrayer, Sarah Silverman, and Jane Lynch.
Even though this has slipped out, Disney has a pretty full schedule ahead of them. Walt Disney Animation currently has an expected Frozen sequel in development as well as Big Hero 6 coming this November and Zootopia coming in 2016. It is possible we could see a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph, but I wouldn't bank on it happening anytime before 2017 or 2018. Not unless they go the Planes route and do short films that could play before the full-length theatrical releases.

Despite how long it may take, I will be the first in line to see a sequel. I loved Wreck-It Ralph and I think it's definitely more deserving of a sequel than Frozen is. I'm still a bit lost on the whole Frozen madness thing. It wasn't even that good. Wreck-It Ralph was a lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment